Should we buy or hire Temporary Fencing?
We are often asked the question, should we buy or temporary fence or hire our temporary fence? As a rule of thumb, if you need or can use the fencing for 18 months or more, it is more cost effective to buy your temporary fencing.
Having said that though, there are several other factors that you need to consider that may have a real impact over and above the purchase price of the temporary fencing:
Scenario 1: If you decide to purchase your temporary fence for a project that is 18 months or more, you also need to consider –
- The availability and cost of labour to install, maintain and move the equipment as project requirements change on site. These are added costs that if not accounted for, could affect your bottom line.
- Will the temporary fencing equipment you purchase outright be enough for the duration of the project? Projects change and the requirements for the fencing change during the project – you may need different temp fence configurations requiring more panels, or accessories such as shade cloth, opening security gates, dog bars.
- What will you do with the temp fence at the completion of the project – how will you dispose of it or store it for your next project?
Scenario 2: If you are purchasing your temporary fencing for repeated use on different projects and moving from one location to the next, there are several factors you need to consider –
- The availability and cost of labour to install, maintain and move the temporary fence around each site and from job to job
- Storage of the temporary fencing between jobs, when there are gaps between projects.
- The availability and cost of vehicles to move the fencing between jobs. For example, 150 metres of temp fence can weigh up to 3000 kilograms!
- The changing fencing requirements to meet safety and building codes for each new project and the unique conditions of each site.
Still need some help deciding whether to buy or hire your temporary fencing? GHL can provide quotes for both temporary fence hire and sales, so you can make an informed, cost-effective decision. Call us now on 0800TempFence or visit www.GHLTempFence.co.nz
Click here for more information on Temp Fence Hire
Click here for more information on Temp Fence Sales